Diocese of Evo Education Board
By the grace of God, the Education Board has continued to perform its duties in providing governance and leadership for the Parish schools and Diocesan schools: Bishop Crowther Memorial Secondary School (BCMSS), Archdeacon Crowther Memorial Girls’ School (ACMGS) and Word of Faith Group of Schools (WFGS).
More specifically, the Board is charged with;
• improving the standards of the existing Diocesan schools to make them schools of first-choice for parents and students in this zone,
• working towards obtaining external accreditation by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and others, and
The Diocesan Education Board is structured into 6 sub-committees to facilitate its work – the HR, Project, Inspection, Spirituality, Security and Academic Committees:
- The HR Committee is responsible for recruitment/selection of staff and formulating policies for the schools. Currently being worked on is the staff recruitment policy.
- The Project Committee supports the three Diocesan schools in the planning and monitoring of their projects.
- The Inspectorate monitors, inspects and supervises the lesson notes of teachers.
Governing Boards have also been established for each of the schools for close and more efficient supervision.
They make up the Chairman of the Governing Board (a member of the Education Board), Principal, school chaplain, Alumni, PTA representative and representative of the host community.